Greenhouse using double-glazed windows is relevant not just in areas with cold weather, but also in other climatic zones for prolonging the amount of fruit-bearing of submerged plants or yearlong usage.
The advantages of such glazing are undoubted:
- Excellent thermal insulation will protect plants from early frosts.
- Dual glass avoids sunburn on the leaves.
- Tight construction reduces heat loss when heating the greenhouse, and therefore saves electricity.
- Packages won’t suffer with strong winds, hail or rain.
- The service life of glazing with proper handling is over a dozen years.
- The aesthetic appearance of glazing enables you not to conceal the greenhouse from the backyard, and put in it even in the front yard. Some proprietors of original shape greenhouses make them the principal decoration of the lawn or garden.
Furthermore, manufacturers offer double-glazed windows with a masterseptika.ru set of necessary functions, such as special coatings for heating and energy saving, protection against mechanical influences and low temperatures, as well as soundproofing.
Method of auto-ventilation of greenhouses.
- Double-glazed windows can be with special vents for ventilation, which are outfitted with devices together with the function of automatic opening. This is quite convenient, since not necessarily the owners have the chance to ventilate the greenhouse punctually. For example, the French have been actively using such greenhouses because the late 16th century to the current day. Rest assured: that a glass greenhouse will become your servant for a long time to come.
- Glass does not keep UV rays, which are essential for quick plant growth and fruit ripening, so letting you make the most of the energy of sunlight.
- Should you use tempered or laminated (thermal) glass, then this arrangement could withstand the most adverse conditions (precipitation in the form of large hail, extreme heat and also powerful frost will be no problem with the construction). Moreover, there is an opportunity to install heating devices inside them.
Naturally, the glass greenhouse also has disadvantages, that need to be taken into account when building it. By way of example, the simple fact that glass is rather heavy material (1 m² of glass 4 mm thick weighs 10 kg, and 6 mm – 15 kg), must impact the presence of a solid base, in addition to the building of a strong structure – framework.
How to build a greenhouse from yourself
On a bright day, the transparent coating of greenhouses lets short-wave solar radiation. It’s consumed by black surfaces (soil, equipment, plants), turns right into long-wave radiation and stays in the construction. This transformation occurs with the discharge of warmth, which produces a greenhouse effect inside the greenhouse.
Therefore, glass windows absolutely allow the sun’s rays in the space and nearly completely keep the rear radiation, not permitting it to venture out. To put it differently, unlike movie, glass has become the most heat-saving substance, which is among the main attributes of a great greenhouse.