Floor coverings in contemporary layout are represented by means of a number of materials, many of which resemble natural wood in their characteristics. The top position among this elegant assortment is taken by tiles . It is manufactured artificially using organic raw materials. As a result of abundant selection of textures and colors, such flooring look magnificent and stylish, and match with any style of room layout.
Advantages and disadvantages
The massive demand for floor tiles under laminate is explained not just by their presentable appearance, but also by a number of advantages. Porcelain stoneware is significantly different from traditional ceramics and natural solid wood, therefore it is often employed as the main component for decorating flooring.
One of the positive properties of the material can be distinguished:
- Reliability 1poshtoram.ru in performance. The coating doesn’t wear off and does not lose its attractiveness even after 50 years;
- safety in application. The boards are resistant to elevated temperature changes, they do not catch fire;
- neutrality to chemical influences. The substance is impermeable to water, therefore it is not a favorable place for the creation of fungus and mould;
- excellent thermal insulating material. Such coatings are Acceptable for the system”warm floor”, as they consist of clay, which at elevated temperature Can conduct heat ;
aesthetics. In look, the tiles are not poor to floors made of natural stone or wood.
However ideal this material is, it is not devoid of disadvantages.
The primary disadvantages of synthetic laminate may include:
- The large price. The product, that can last more than a dozen decades is pricey, but in performance, these costs are certain to pay off;
- low prices of noise insulation.
So far, tile below the laminate is produced of two different types: ceramic and porcelain stoneware. The first variant of the coating is obtained from the technology of monocottura.
This sort of product is distinguished by high strength, resistance to moisture and vapors, nicely withstands mechanical loads.
Additionally, the ceramic floor is frost-resistant, but its outside coating is subject to wear and tear over time.
In terms of porcelain stoneware, it’s produced from special types of clay and mineral impurities, whose composition is similar to that of pure stone. Such boards are burnt and pressed under high pressure. The result is a lasting and beautiful ending substance.
The 2 types of boards exactly replicate the proportions and measurements of the floorboard. Rectangular shapes are the most common, but occasionally square ones are available.